It will take you approximately 20-25 minutes to set up/configure your shop and list your first book for sale. After that, listing books for sale will take just a few minutes. The Part-Time Press Marketplace uses a Woocommerce platform for selling. The user interface is intuitive, easy to learn and use. The videos, below, along with these simple directions will take you through the steps.
- Register on The Part-Time Press Marketplace to become a vendor. Registration is simple. In the upper right hand corner of the webpage, find the icon pictured, left. Click the “Register” link. Fill out the form (the email address must be valid), tick the “become a vendor” box and press “Register.” Within moments, you’ll receive an email from the Marketplace altering you to the fact that you’ve applied to be a vendor. When your application has been approved, you’ll receive an email with a username and password. Use these credentials to log in to The Part-Time Press Marketplace.
2. Log in to The Part-Time Press Marketplace to access your Account page, including your Vendor dashboard. Log in is simple. In the upper right hand corner of the webpage, find the icon pictured left. Select the “Log in” link. On the next page, select the Log in tab. Fill out the log in form with the username and password emailed to you in the vendor account approval email sent by The Part-Time Press Marketplace. You’ll be taken to the “My account” page which includes both your customer and vendor tools.
3. Now that you’ve applied to be a Vendor, been approved, and have logged in to The Part-Time Press Marketplace, you’re ready to create your Part-Time Press Marketplace Shop! Under the icon, left, you’ll find your Vendor Dashboard which includes Shop Settings. Shop Settings are where you will list your shop name, shop description and PayPal/bank information so that you can be paid for the books sold.
Your “My account” page includes two dashboards: customer and vendor. In the box on the lefthand side of the page, you will find your Customer Dashboard (i.e. information about orders [purchases] you might make for yourself as a customer). Float your mouse over the found in the upper right hand corner of the “My account” webpage. Welcome to your Vendor Dashboard! In the dropdown list of links that appears, is the “Store Settings” link. Click the link.
You’ll find yourself on the “Shop Settings” page. Configure your Shop Settings (5-10 minutes), and you’ll be ready to list your first book for sale! You’ll find important information about book orders placed through your shop and reports listing the money you’ve earned. Please note: You must enter a valid PayPal account email address or bank information to receive payments from The Part-Time Press Marketplace for your books sold. Most vendors choose to use a PayPal account to receive payments from The Part-Time Press Marketplace.
4. Now that you’ve applied to be a Vendor, been approved as a Vendor, have logged in to The Part-Time Press Marketplace, and configured your Part-Time Press Marketplace shop via your Vendor Dashboard, you’re now ready to list your book(s) for sale.
In order to list your books for sale, at a minimum you’ll need the following:
- Correct title of the book and the edition.
- ISBN number for each book you’d like to sell. There is an ISBN search (by title) here. Enter the title and the
- An image file of the book cover saved at 72 dpi and sized at no larger than 300 x 300 pixels.
You’ll need to write a description of the book which must include an accurate description of the book’s condition.
This is a link to a resource that describes how the condition of a used book is determined. Please note: individual sellers may only list for sale used books. To view a sample used book listing, click here.
Vendors set their own prices.
The Part-Time Press Marketplace sets the shipping costs which may be collected by vendors from their customers. Shipping charged for a single book is fixed at $4.00. Shipping charges are tiered and increase by $1.50 for every two additional books added to an order. For example, if you sell one book to a customer, you will collect $4.00 to pay for shipping costs. If you sell three (3) books in a single order, you’ll collect $5.50 for the cost of shipping. Sell five (5) books in a single order, and you’ll collect $7.00 to cover the cost of shipping. Shipping costs are calculated automatically and capped at the $4.00 + $1.50 per additional two books tiered rate. Shipping is only calculated for orders placed by individuals in the United States.
Video 4: How to list your books for sale.